In order to ensure students will have adequate access to courses, internships, and faculty resources, SMAC will solicit applications and cap student enrollment at approximately 20 students per year. Students from any school, college, or major may apply.
SMAC seeks to enroll a cohort of students with a variety of backgrounds, identities, and relationships to sport. We seek students from across a range of disciplinary perspectives, including those interested in:
- sports media, broadcasting, or journalism
- analysis of sports, representation, and power from an Arts & Letters perspective
- sports education, coaching, and community engagement
- examining one's own relationship with sport through an academic lens
- a career in the sports industry
SMAC applications for 2024 will go live in early March. In the meantime, please fill out this minor interest form to be notified of SMAC events.